HRT For Men
Hormonal replacement therapy (HRT) is one of the most effective ways to treat the issues relating to low testosterone levels. With advanced HRT technology and expert medical staff, you can regain your peak physical and bedroom performance in no time.
Learn More About Testosterone Replacement Therapy.
Fill out the form below to schedule a free TRT Consult with our Medical Expert.
What is HRT for Men?
Hormone replacement therapy is a treatment administered to men who have a hormonal imbalance. The most likely culprit being low testosterone levels or “low T.” Hormonal replacement therapy for men is meant to restore that balance by bringing back our body’s testosterone to its optimal amount thus restoring the male hormone cycle. This is usually done by injecting the right amount of artificial testosterone to the body.
Testosterone — also known as “the male hormone” — is responsible for a lot of the things that make men appear masculine. It is responsible for muscle mass, hair growth, sex drive, and even mental focus.
The normal testosterone level for males is around 270-1070 ng/dL with an average of 679 ng/dL. This, of course, changes depending on the age of the person. A normal male’s testosterone levels peak at the age of 20, and then gradually decrease afterward.
Male who’re in the age 40 and above are said to lose 1-3% of testosterone each passing year.
There are different low testosterone symptoms and each one varies from person to person. There are a few main factors that affect the said symptoms such as the person’s age, the levels of their testosterone, and the amount of time passed since they got the imbalance. The most common reason why men seek help is because of Low Libido and Erectile Dysfunction.
Other symptoms may include:
- Depression or moodiness
- Increased body fat
- Muscle deterioration
- Poor concentration
- Decreased energy
- Osteoporosis and decreases in bone density
- Loss of body hair
- Hot flashes
- Breast discomfort or enlargement
Hormonal replacement therapy (HRT) is one of the most effective ways to treat the issues relating to low testosterone levels. With the help of our advanced HRT technology and expert medical staff, you can regain your peak physical and bedroom performance in no time.
If you experience any of the symptoms mentioned above, you may be a great candidate for HRT for men.
Contact us today to learn more about our treatment plans and consultation with one of our medical professionals.
Start regaining your hormonal and life balance!
Low testosterone levels in males is called hypogonadism. It is the term used to describe low testosterone production in the body due to internal and external factors.
There are two types of causes for low testosterone levels. The first one is inherited hypogonadism and the second one is acquired hypogonadism.
Inherited hypogonadism is something that is inherited from birth. Acquired hypogonadism on the other hand is something that one can get from accident, illness, or simply from normal aging.
Other cause of acquired hypogonadism may also include:
- Aging (Andropause)
- Physical injuries
- Physical activity
- Your daily diet
If you think that you fall under one of these categories, then we recommend that you talk to one of our physicians for a better assessment.
Andropause is the male version of menopause. It is the term used for the gradual reduction of testosterone in the male body as you age further in life. Just like how women go through hormonal changes during their menopause period, so do men.
Andropause on the other hand isn’t as sudden as menopause. Most men experience a more gradual decline in our testosterone levels. This helps us experience less side effects.
Recent studies state that about 30% of male aged 50 will experience the effects of andropause due to low testosterone levels. It becomes more prevalent as men age.
This doesn’t mean, however, that low T can only happen to older men.
There are also a lot of instances where younger men are affected by low testosterone levels as well. Such cases are usually a result of lifestyle choices or injuries that affected their body’s testosterone production.
You might have already come across or heard of different types of hormone replacement therapies for men. The two most commonly used are:
- Bioidentical Hormone Replacement: The first type is called bioidentical hormones. Although man-made, these hormones are nearly identical to the ones that are naturally produced by the body. These hormones are an exact match to the natural testosterone at a molecular level, thus minimizing the chances of side effects.
- Synthetic Hormone Replacement: The second type of hormones are synthetic hormones. These hormones are made inside a laboratory from plant or animal byproducts. It is less expensive but also not as effective. Synthetic hormones may have come from natural sources, but their efficacy isn’t as great due to the fact that they came from plants and animals.
While having different variations, all these treatments use multiple hormones including testosterone. Testosterone is the most important one since low testosterone levels can lead to several health issues.
Studies have also shown that patients who use bioidentical hormones have the highest success rate in hormone replacement therapy. In addition, bioidentical hormones have a much lower chance of causing side effects compared to synthetic ones.
Drip Med Spa offers the top-of-the-line hormone replacement products on the market. So you can get the best results in the shortest amount of time while minimizing the risks of side effects.
There are always side effects and health related risks to every treatment for every gender.
The risks and effectiveness of the treatment is highly affected by the quality of the ingredients used for the therapy, the technology, and the capabilities of the people administering the treatment.
The risks of hormone replacement therapy can scale from minor side effects like:
- Increased urination
- Muscle pain
- Fluid retention
More severe side effects include:
- Increased cholesterol level
- Breast enlargement
- Decreased sperm count
Thankfully, the risk of getting any side effects decreases dramatically when the treatment is done correctly under professional supervision.
Which is the exact reason why Drip Med Spa is the preferred choice of men who want a safe hormone replacement therapy. With our cutting edge technology, our stringent quality standards, and expert medical staff, you can rest assured that you’re in good hands.
There are different forms and delivery methods for Hormone Replacement Therapy. Some methods are more convenient or effective than the others.
Hormone replacement therapy can be administered using various options.
The most common options are:
- Creams: There are studies that support the use of creams for hormone replacement. The only problem is that the studies only mentioned it being used to treat the symptoms of menopause. This means HRT creams lean more towards feminine use.
- Gels: HRT gels are starting to increase in popularity. These gels are a more convenient way to have HRT minus the risk of blood clots. However, gels also carry their own health risks such as rashes and skin irritation. Gels, just like creams, also lean more towards feminine use.
- Pellets: Though proven to last as an effective way to increase your testosterone count, pellets also carry way more risk of side effects than the other methods on this list. This method of hormone replacement therapy is done by inserting solid pellets into your body. One may argue that it is more invasive than all the other procedures.
- Tablets: HRT can also be taken in tablet form. These tablets contain different hormones that aim to balance out the hormones in your body.
- Injection: So far, this is the most common and effective way to administer hormone replacement therapy for men. This method is much more effective than creams and gels while carrying less risk compared to pellet incisions.
It is because of the following reasons that we at Drip Med Spa conclude that IV injections is the best method for HRT. It’s been clinically proven to be safest and effective by giving us medical professionals better control over the process.
Thus, it is our preferred method of administering hormone replacement therapy to our clients.
Hormone Replacement Therapy is a big decision to make which is why it should be given a lot of thought.
That being said, HRT is the ideal solution for men who are suffering from the side effects of andropause. It can also be a great option for younger men who have tried other methods to no avail.
It would still be ideal if you can discuss treatments with a medical professional, so you can have more clarity and make a better, more informed decision.
This is why we would like to encourage you to visit our office for a one-on-one consultation with our in-house medical experts.
Drip Med Spa is Owing Mills highest rated Med Spa & Wellness Center. We are committed to put your health in the forefront. With cutting-edge technology, expertise, and a stringent quality standard, you can rest assured that you’re in the right hands.
What’s more is that the team at Drip Med Spa has years of medical experience treating men who suffer from low testosterone levels. We understand the comfort of being taken care of by someone who understands your exact needs.
Our team has the most up-to-date medical training, equipped with the latest HRT technology, along with the quality medications to bring back your hormonal balance.
HRT For Men Therapy & Services
Our HRT For Men is the perfect solution for anyone looking to improve their health & wellness. HRT For Men consults are available in person at our Owings Mills location or online using our convenient tele-health options.